Thursday, July 24, 2014

Why I Blog

I hear countless times after I tell someone that I blog, "Oh, I'd love to start a blog! I just don't think anybody would read it."

Good.  That is one of the best reasons to start a blog.

I don't have 100 pageviews every time I make a blog post.  Actually, in total, I have 565 pageviews.  I was tickled to death when I noticed that my post on nail polish was my most-read blog post.  It has 57 page views.  I don't make one single dime from somebody reading my blog.  While it is nice to think that someday maybe I could make money from blogging, part of me even has no desire to do that.  Blogging isn't my job.  My job is stocking cheese and yogurt (literally).  Blogging is my creative outlet, where first and foremost, I collect my thoughts for me.  This is essentially my online journal.  I feel like every time I make a blog post, however, that I am welcoming you all into my home. I generally have between 30 and 40 pageviews per post I make.  It's almost like having all 40 of you over for tea and a chat without having to clean and without the anxiety of being in a room full of 40 people.  I might blog about that another day.

Whenever I hear of someone starting a blog just to make some money, it almost makes me sad.  To be very honest, unless you know some pretty awesome people to get you set up, you aren't going to make money from the start.  When you start a blog with the main focus of making money, that blog becomes your job.  If you decide later on that you aren't into it anymore, it will feel like a job if you've made it into your job.  Personally, this blog is my hobby.  I'm not the most frequent poster (more on that in a minute).  Sometimes I'm uninspired for a few months weeks (if you've stuck around since the second 3-month hiatus, I love you).  Sometimes I get caught up in living my life, rather than focusing on my blog.  As I said, this blog is my hobby.  I love this hobby, but as most of you probably understand, sometimes things get in the way to where we can't get around to our hobbies as much as we'd like.

As I said, this blog is for me.  I don't post as frequently as I would like to.  So, I have complied a list of around 60 or so topics that I would like to touch upon as a blogger.  I also post this online to talk with my readers.  Most of them, I know in real life.  But with the online community as big as it is, why keep it to people I can go visit on a Sunday?  I want to communicate with people who are interested in me and my hobbies from Zimbabwe! Timbuktu! New Delhi!  I'm simply a 22 year old woman with an interest in treating my body right and seeing how much nail polish I can collect.

So, this is why I blog.  This isn't one of my usual blog posts, but with so many people in it for the money, I just needed to get this off my chest.  It is my online diary, after all.

I hope you all have a beautiful day, and hey! I've never made 3 blog posts in one day (even though this one was started in May...#oops).

xoxo,

Rachel



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML