Tuesday, June 4, 2019

May 2019 Favorites

Hello lovelies!

I feel like the month of May lasted for a decade.  It was such a long month for me.  On the flip side, I managed to up my makeup game big time and I have worn makeup to work every single day for over three weeks now.  That doesn't sound super impressive, but it feels like my depressive episode I've been living in is lifting. Can I get a hallelujah?!

I pieced together some favorites of mine, mostly beauty but one random favorite.  Let's start with the beauty favorites.

Hard Candy Glamoflauge Foundation, Elf 16 Hour Concealer, Maybelline Fit Me Loose Powder

This combination of foundation, concealer, and powder has become my go-to when I need a look that is full coverage and has awesome staying powder.  I didn't discover this on my own, I found it on youtube by EmilyNoel83.  It was so inexpensive! The foundation is $6, the concealer is $5, and the powder was around $6. Seventeen dollars for a full-coverage face that lasts?  Count me in!


I got all of these products at walmart. The hard candy foundation is actually a walmart exclusive.  It was difficult to find my shade in the Elf Concealer.  I personally believe that since it is so new, it is difficult for stores to keep in stock because they receive such small shipments at a time.  That's just a speculation, though.  The powder is probably cheapest at walmart, but you can find it at Ulta and Target also.

Speaking of EmilyNoel83, let's jump into my next favorite.

Makeup Revolution The Emily Edit The Wants Palette 



If you look close enough, you can see a teeny, tiny bit of pan that I've hit in the first shade.  It's the perfect all over color for setting my eye primer with.  Some of my favorite shades in this palette are Capricorn (second row, fifth shade), a beautiful shimmery brown that makes a phenomenal one-shadow look when you apply it to the lid and buff it into the crease, Top Story (third row, fifth shade), a shimmery gold shade that compliments so many other colors in this palette (particularly corduroy in the bottom row), and Hobby, which is my perfect matte crease transition color.  Emily released another palette called The Needs, but it went back to Ulta.  It wasn't my cup of tea.

This is available at Ulta and possibly on the Makeup Revolution website, but definitely at Ulta.

While we are focusing on Eyes, I have fallen head over heels in love with these two products.


Urban Decay Primer Potion, Cargo Swimmables Waterproof Eyeliner in Black Sea

I really wish I knew where I could get my hands on more of that Cargo Eyeliner.  It is super black and it does not BUDGE once you put it on.  I have had to deal with this eyeliner being stuck on my eyeballs for two days.  It is SO good.  The Primer Potion is a deluxe size that I got as a sample from Ulta with an Urban Decay purchase.  I've never used Primer Potion before, and while I can't justify paying high-end price for a primer when drugstore works just as well, I have definitely enjoyed this while I have had it.

Now that our face and eye looks are complete, let's jump into lips.  I can't keep my hands off of these glosses ever since I got them.  I want every single shade they come in!



Milani Keep It Full Nourishing Lip Plumper

I only have these three shades, but if I weren't on a no-buy I would probably own the entire collection by now.  Rosewood is probably my favorite.  It is a nudey-rose color that is so flattering to my complexion and goes with almost every eye look.  It's the first shade I recommend if you are looking for a new lippie, but you won't go wrong picking up any of these shades.  They also aren't a painful lip plumper, like the too faced lip injection.  I'm not sure they actually plump my lips or make them look more plump but they're beautiful regardless.

At the end of the day, when you're ready to wash all of these products off, I have the makeup wipes for you!


Equate Makeup Cleansing Towelettes

I love it when I find something I love in the equate brand.  At less than $4 for a package (these were $2, I needed a makeup remover quickly one day and bought the travel size), these are highly comparable to the neutrogena wipes, but you're saving money.  These towelettes are super saturated with makeup remover and get every bit of my makeup off at the end of the day.  I use these and then I follow up with one of the equate brand 2-in-1 facial cloths and my skin feels so clean and smooth.

Ready to smell fresh and clean all day long?  These two products are rocking my world and are the perfect scents for spring!


Bath and Body Works Beautiful Day Shower Gel, Soap & Glory Call of Fruity Summer Scrubbin Body Scrub

What I love about Beautiful Day is that it is the slightest bit floral, and the slightest bit clean smelling.  I'm not a big fan of floral scents, but this one is just enough for me.  It's not a new fragrance, but it's one I go back to every spring.

I found this body scrub at target.  If you don't buy it, at least go smell the Call of Fruity scent.  I have it in a hand cream and body butter too.  It is super sweet and super fruity.  It smells absolutely delicious.  The key to using this scrub is to rub it between your hands a little bit before using it on your body.  I use this every time I shower before I shave to exfoliate my legs and it is such a beautiful scrub.  It's runny, not a typical body scrub texture, and I'm afraid I'm going to lose the whole tub in the shower one of these days, but if that happens I will have enjoyed it while I have had it.

My very last favorite, which is pretty random and not beauty related at all, has helped me up my water game.


Hawaiian Punch Lemon Berry Squeeze Singles to Go, Great Value Raspberry Ice Singles

The Hawaiian punch is my favorite of all time.  It is so sweet.  It's not really lemony at all.  I hate lemonade, so that works for me.  It's just really sweet and really tasty.  I put two of these packets in a liter of water.  Raspberry Ice is also sweet and yummy.  If these help me up my water game to what I should be drinking instead of what I am drinking, I think they're worth buying.  I really don't want to hear any comments about artificial sweeteners though.  They don't bother me at all, but I know they aren't for everyone.

This wraps up my May 2019 favorites! What were some of your favorite products this month?  Let's chat in the comments!

xoxo,

Rachel



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

1 comment:

  1. Girl, that UD PrimerPotion has been my go-to for years and was my gateway to believing that high end could really be better... this was way before drugstore brands upped their game. I never pay retail. Get it on HauteLook or the Ulta 21 Days of Beauty sale. I always seem to catch it at least 1/2 off just before I run out. I like the anti-aging the best, but Sin is great in the summer and I sometimes wear it all by itself.

    ReplyDelete

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML