Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Water Challenge

One of my favorite people to watch on Youtube, Scola Dondo, is starting a challenge to get fit for New Year's. The goal? To get as healthy, happy, and comfortable in your own body as you can.  That's it. Not lose X% of your weight, or X pounds by New Year's.  Which, ultimately, isn't that everybody's goal who is on this journey?  Sure, being able to wear a size 2 or 6, or being able to run a 5k without stopping are all REALLY good feelings.  And I'm not undermining that at all.  But you're going to have days when you want to sit around in sweatpants instead of wearing that cute little dress or running that 5k.  And on those days, being happy with yourself is what's important.  It's what's going to get you through a break-up, losing a friend, or being rejected by a job.  Now...don't take that the wrong way.  Because I've been there. You can be accepted or rejected as a size 2, 22, or 222.  You can either nail that job, or simply be not qualified for it at a size 4, 44, or 444.  However, in my experience, the words "maybe if I wasn't fat, that wouldn't have happened" go through my mind in situations like that.  They didn't want me to represent the company because I'm fat.  I didn't land the part I wanted in a performance because I was fat (that actually happened, but I'll tell you about that on a different day). He/She doesn't like me because I'm fat.  It hurts. It sucks.  It's nothing anybody wants to think, yet so many of us do.  The reality is this: if you're not happy within your own body, you're more likely to blame your weight than find the root cause of the problem.

The first week of Scola's challenge is the Water Challenge.  I absolutely LOVE water challenges.  They're probably the easiest challenge to complete, and you'll feel so much better when you're completely hydrated.  Scola is challenging everyone to drink 2 liters of water a day.  Where I shop, you can get a liter of water for 77 cents.  Simply keep that bottle, and fill it up twice a day for the week (psst: a liter comes out to about 24 ounces, in case you were wondering).  Sounds easy enough!!

Check out Scola on Facebook and her Youtube channel.  She posts tips for getting healthy on a regular basis, and I personally find her voice to be very soothing.  She's so optimistic and supportive, too.  I hope you love her!

Enjoy!

xoxo,

Rachel




Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML